- What is the Inner Temple Training
- Won't that mean me missing the beginning?
- The connecting thread: The Qabalistic Tree of Life
- Integration of the Qabalistic Tree into your own system
- How does the Qabalistic Tree of Life connect all these aspects?
- Different pantheons
- Different contacts on the Inner Planes
- Different methods
- Different techniques
- The knack of temple work
- Can I attend Lodge meetings?
- Attending meetings as a guest
- Attending as a member of the Order
- On what locations are the Inner Temple Trainings
The Hermetic Order Temple of Starlight® has several subdivisions. In every division you are taught in a certain way. The training towards the First Degree Initiation is called The Order of the Exalted Land.
These practical classes are designed to give you the opportunity to train in the group work. However, if you working solo you will also benefit highly from these classes. The lessons are closely linked to the Hermetic Order of the Temple of Starlight® Solo Magical Training, while also forming a complete curriculum in their own right.
The Inner Temple training is an ongoing cycle of practical classes. It is a programme you can take part in at any time.
The Temple Training is necessary when you want to obtain the first degree initiation.
Every lesson can be followed stand-alone while together, the lessons form a whole. If you decide to follow the Inner Temple Training, you should allow yourself enough time and the rest, at least half a year to get used to the energy, as you will probably be opening yourself up to experiences that are completely different from anything you have been used to in the past. During the first lessons of the practical classes, you will probably be completely occupied by practical questions such as what to do and how to behave during rituals. That is why you will be assigned a 'buddy' to help you on your way.
The connecting thread of the practical classes the Qabalistic Tree of Life. Here you will experience the major difference between book learning and practical experience. Students find the Inner Temple Training meetings very intensive. At the Training, you will receive an explanation of new applications.
During every lesson a so-called Sephiroth or Path will be explained in theoretical, practical and spiritual terms. This will allow you to have the inner experiences that will lead to your further spiritual development.
The training will teach you how in a very practical way to work with different types of energy. Every Sephirah and every path are symbolic representations of different energy frequencies. As you progress, you will start to experience these different types of energy yourself and also to generate greater amounts and higher frequencies of energy. The symbolic associations you learn about in books on the Qabalah thus become your living experiences. The Tree will gradually become a part of you.
I always use this metaphor to explain this: the Qabalistic Tree of Life is like a map of the inner planes. The Sephiroth are the 'countries', and the Paths of the Tree of Life are the 'highways'. They are different types of energy and represent different methods of dealing with these energies. The action of each Qabalistic Sephiroth or Path can be explained in concrete terms by means of the following:
- Greek mythology and philosophy,
- Egyptian mythology and magic,
- Babylonian, Sumerian, Akkadian mythology and Star Laws,
- Arthurian tradition and Celtic mythology and magic,
- Judeo-Christian mythology and mysticism;
- Angels and Archangels,
- Gods and Goddesses,
- Nature beings like Elementals,
- Devas and Elemental Kings, Artificial Elementals;
the magical forces of planetary powers,
the magical forces of the Zodiac Belt and the Fixed Stars,
Moon magic, Solar Magic and the Magic of the Stars,
Archaic healing Methods;
The Paths of the Qabalistic Tree of Life unravel the deeper mysteries behind the Tarot. They will be explained one by one.
- You learn different ways of working with materials, like stones, metals and incenses;
- You learn to make your own temple regalia,
- you learn to work with thoughtforms,
- techniques such as prayer, meditation, breathing exercises, contemplation and ritual,
- you learn to work with magical scripts such as alchemical and astrological symbols, Hebrew letters and hieroglyphs;
In every lesson, the techniques for temple work will be explained and you will learn how to implement them. You learn how to build the magical circle in a variety of different ways and in different magical traditions; You learn how to work with the mythological stories from different cultures; You learn how to use breathing and visualization techniques during practical exercises and rituals; You learn techniques used to free high amounts of energy during rituals; you learn how to strengthen and align this energy and accumulate it into one model; You learn how to perform basic rituals yourself; and a lot more ...
.... Because the above is merely a selection from the vast array of magical traditions and techniques which you will study during the Inner Temple Training. There are a lot of books about magic, but the essential knowledge is still transmitted from 'mouth to ear', and this is the most important reason for attending the Inner Temple Training.
You can attend our Lodge Meetings when:
- You are not a member of the Companionship of the Inner Temple yet, and want to attend a lesson as a guest
- You are a member of the Companionship of the Inner Temple and following the Solo Magical Training and want to attend a one-off meeting
- You want to become a candate member (neophyte) of the Order and a member of a lodge
If you want to attend a meeting to see if the work of the temple is suited to you, please call or email to see whether there is a place available on the date you would like to come. At this meeting you will be linked to an experienced member of the Order who will guide you during this lesson and should you continue, your first few lessons.
You are already a member of the Order and you are following the Solo Magical Training. Due to personal circumstances you are not able to come to the classes every month. In this case you can incidentally book an Inner Temple day or a Inner Temple Retreat to allow you to experience the techniques of Inner Temple work. This will allow you to build up personal contact with your companions on the path. If you want to register for a meeting, call now or email us to find out if there is a place on the date you would like to come. In this case too, you will be linked to an experienced member of the order who will guide you during the practical classes.
Look under "Events" for the planned dates.